I, Raphael Peterson, am an Artist - Musician - Engineer based in Brooklyn, New York. My work is spatial, performative, and precise when appropriate. My processes are grounded in a deep technical knowledge acquired via exploration.
This website collects my works and sets out to adequately display their scope. If I am new to you, a good starting point might be the Visual Index. Alternatively, things are categorized in the menu. Enjoy.
I am currently:
- Making objects, many of which include sound, and putting them in places.
- Recording and performing music as Shape King
- Installing shows at the Museum at the Fashion Institute of Technology in New York City.
- Creating and honing Max/MSP-based digital tools.
- Recording and performing music with others.
- Mixing your album.